Belize International Music Alliance
- Last name
- At what stage is your proposal?
- Idea phase
- What category/categories do you want to address with your idea?
- Describe the need or problem you want to address
- There are youths that resides in gang concentrated area that are not in school, however express astonishing talent for music. some of these youths have stated that Music is the only thing that helps them overcome the negativity that their environment has to offer. They are even some of these youths between the ages of 17-29 that has the capabilities to impact the music industry in Belize but cannot leave their community/environment without being threatened, hurt or even killed.
- What is the main product or service you will offer?
- Vocal Training. Song Composition Training . Web Seminars. Life Skills Classes. Copyright Classes. Learn an instrument Classes. Stage Technique Classes. Recording Sessions. Counselling. putting them back into school and a Safe Environment. One service we hope to offer in the near future is mixing and mastering classes (producing music). If/when selected for the winning proposal B.I.M.A will furthermore discuss starting a mixing lab so the we can also cater for at-risk youths interested in persuing a professional music producing career. Belize currently doesn't have a music academy a place were youths raw talent can be nurtured and strengthened. B.I.M.A plans to train and produce these youth at international level. It will be slot of work however its possible.
- Briefly describe the community or population that will benefit from your solution and how do you plan to involve them in the project
- At risk youths mainly from the South side of Belize City will be the main beneficiaries however we will also include the North side youths as well. They will be intimately involved by attending the auditions that will be held in their respective neighborhoods. If they are selected to be apart of B.I.M.A they will be representing their area in both performing and community services when it comes to aiding the police department in their community policing for a greater feedback from the community.
- Does your proposal have a business model (i.e. strategy to generate revenue)? Please describe
- Currently working on the business plan but will keep updated when its finished.
Do you think this idea
is positive for the world?
Give your support to "Belize International Music Alliance"